Thursday 11 October 2012

I recently visited Traquair House in Innerleithen, Peebleshire. If you get the chance do go along to see it. It has been owned by the same family since the 12th Century and is the oldest occupied house in Scotland. It was used as a hunting lodge originally for the Royals and is reputed to having Mary Queen of Scots, her husband Lord Darnley and baby King James V1 staying as guests. The bed and cradle they slept in is on view in the house. Great day out was had by all and there are some outbuildings selling crafts etc. No I don't get commission for this advert lol!! I just loved the place!

It's very wet here today so I think this evening will be spent knitting a mini christening gown, a night for the fireside me thinks. I don't sell my miniatures but do give some away as gifts, I think it would take the fun out of it if I 'had' to knit to order.
 I have bought my Granddaughter a house and plan to paint and furnish it for Christmas for her, the only problem I have is that she must have everything pink lol! so need to look for 50 shades of pink to decorate it for her! Photos will be posted as soon as it's finished.

Bye for now!
http://www.traquair.co.uk/tour-house

1 comment:

  1. I will add Traquair House to my list of places to visit next summer. Can't wait to see the house you are decorating for your granddaughter, good luck finding so many shades of pink :)

    ReplyDelete